When will the new ‘Bachelor’ show be premiering on ABC?
A new ABC comedy series from the studio behind hit sitcom ‘The Bachelor’ has been put on hold, amid reports that the network is considering reviving a popular format.
The series, which had its Australian premiere last week, was set to debut on ABC in the coming weeks.
The show, which has been developed by the ABC for several years, was expected to air this month but is now in the “very early stages of planning for a second season”.ABC News has not been able to confirm the reason for the delay.
“This is not about the show being cancelled, or about the decision not to renew it,” ABC director of programming Jody Gold said.
“It is about the reality of the business that we have in our portfolio, the number of times it has been renewed and the number that we’ve been able or are willing to move on to new material.”
“The Bachelor” is an annual competition for aspiring single people to prove their suitability for the bachelor party.
It is hosted by a team of professional actors, which includes Mark Bittman, who has been in the dating business for over 20 years, and Julie Bishop, who is best known for her role on The Bachelor.ABC managing director of entertainment Phil Lebovic said the decision was not an endorsement of the show by the network.
“The decision to put this show on hold was a difficult one, and we have to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the writers, directors and producers involved,” he said.
“We also recognise the importance of the Bachelor’s legacy and the value it brings to ABC, and how the show has inspired generations of people to pursue their dream of dating and a career in the entertainment industry.”ABC has not confirmed the reason behind the delay, but the network’s executive producer, Peter Gethard, said it was about “our ability to keep our audiences engaged” with the series.
“While we do have a great deal of content on the ABC, we are also working hard to develop new and exciting new programming, with the intention of re-launching it at a later date,” Mr Gethards said.ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’ is an ABC series which has aired on ABC for many years.
It was initially aired on the network in 2005, but has since been adapted into three shows: The Bachelor, The Bachelorettes and Bachelors.
It’s been produced by the same studio that produces “The Bachelor”, “The Bachelor: New York” and “The Biggest Loser”.ABC managing editor Matt Bowen said the network has “done a great job in reinventing the format, which is a lot more fun and exciting than it used to be.”
“We’re thrilled to be bringing back the Bachelor for another season, and the excitement of the first season is something we’ll continue to bring to our audience for years to come,” he added.ABC television news presenter Peter Geddes, who also plays a key role in the new series, said the show would be “one of the best things we’ve done” as a network.ABC entertainment editor David Mitchell said he was “excited” to see the new show on the air.
“What’s exciting about this show is the fact that it’s a show that’s not only about a couple, but also a show about love and relationship, and it’s going to be the first show on ABC to be able to bring back that,” he told reporters.ABC Entertainment reporter Ben Barlow told reporters the show’s format was “the most fun we’ve had”.
“It’s like a game show with the contestants competing against each other to win the biggest prize,” he joked.ABC TV news presenter Ben Barrow says the new ABC series of ‘The Big Bang Theory’ is “exciting”.
Topics:arts-and-entertainment,bachelor-27,melbourne-3000,nsw,australiaFirst posted November 29, 2019 10:05:20Contact Sarah TisdallMore stories from Australia